The secret of the Siren (pet) (rev. 1 by Lumura on 07-31-18, 01:13 am)
Posted at 07-31-18, 01:11 am Link | #1
Lumura GM

Last post: 14 days
Last view: 2 hours
In light of recent controversy, we at the MabiPro team have unanimously decided that a guide to the newest siren pet should be released.
There are many places to start with obtaining your new partner, but it won't be easy.

First you must obtain a strange gem from a Siren in Rundal. There is a small chance she will drop it when she is crit smashed at low enough HP.
Next you must locate the River Siren south of Corrib Valley's river. Make sure to bring plenty of books as you will have to gain her trust before she can help you.
You'll know when you've earned her trust when she gives you a similarly small gem that belongs to her.
Afterwords, you'll be able to ask her about the strange gem. She'll ask you to bring her an item needed to revive the fallen Rundal siren. You can use either a siren mask or a flute. Both of them gives you access to two variations of the siren pet. One that knows both ice or lightning bolt (mask) or one that only know lightning bolt but will learn rank F thunder at later levels (flute).
After giving her the items, you'll be give your Siren's soul gem which will be needed to complete her summoning. She might a little bit scary at first before you summon her, but do not worry, summoning her will give you your very own siren partner with a randomly generated appearance. You'll now be able to talk to your partner by using her partner gem that you obtain after her summoning.
Remember, however, you can only obtain one siren per character, and the partner itself is locked to the character once she is summoned. She also cannot be summoned unless you character has completed the quest.
Posted at 07-31-18, 01:26 am Link | #2
Radiance

Last post: 16 days
Last view: 5 days
Thank you for the information!

I personally would have never known this was even in the game unless I saw other people talking about it or walking around with Siren pets. I imagine that's done on purpose to give people a reason to explore, but I would've never thought to do all of that stuff on my own.

I know it's just one more thing on top of many to deal with, but if the dev team would consider it; having a slight overview of new content added and a slight explanation would go a long way for someone like me that doesn't stay up to date in the discord chat all the time. The exact method of obtaining the new stuff could be kept obscure, but just enough info provided to set us on the right path.

I don't know of the situation that prompted this post, but if I had to guess, someone was probably asking around how to get the siren pet and denied the info / mocked for not knowing? That's too bad. We as a community should make an effort to update the mabipro wikia so people can't be stuck-up with their information regarding new content... if that is what happened.
[Posted by LazyFae on 07-31-18, 02:46 am, deleted by LazyFae]
Posted at 07-31-18, 03:28 am Link | #4
Stilva

Last post: 21 days
Last view: 13 days
I know it's just one more thing on top of many to deal with, but if the dev team would consider it; having a slight overview of new content added and a slight explanation would go a long way for someone like me that doesn't stay up to date in the discord chat all the time. The exact method of obtaining the new stuff could be kept obscure, but just enough info provided to set us on the right path.

I don't know of the situation that prompted this post, but if I had to guess, someone was probably asking around how to get the siren pet and denied the info / mocked for not knowing? That's too bad. We as a community should make an effort to update the mabipro wikia so people can't be stuck-up with their information regarding new content... if that is what happened.

There was a bit of a disagreement as to whether more A or B was the case, so they decided to post a guide and save unnecessary stress for anyone.
Posted at 07-31-18, 05:53 am Link | #5
BakaS

Last post: 27 days
Last view: 23 days
We have a wiki for this server? I thought the official one rolled back was enough. Secrets and guides are fine. I just think this should be posted there instead of General discussion. Besides, I see bonuses like these as more "mid/end game" content so there's no rush to get them immediately unless it's time-restricted. Not all of us want to figure how things work from scratch on our own, so spreading helpful info like this should be praised.
Posted at 07-31-18, 05:41 pm Link | #6
Darthjawafett

Last post: 73 days
Last view: 6 days
Is River Siren bugged while in river? I've given like 300+ books and am getting the messages for private story and nearby rumors that others have said they've gotten. But I have not been given a gem.
Terms